Oh hey there,
my name’s Lacy Cavalier. let me just start off by saying, I’m terrible at writing bios. ironic isn’t it? i write for a living but when it comes to a paragraph and a half describing why you should like me…well i just can’t seem to successfully do it. SEAUX, i’m going to try a different route. here’s 10 facts about me that hopefully you find interesting ;)
- First things first, I’m 21 years old. I was born & raised in Minden, Louisiana (therefore my favorite food is crawfish bisque…obviously).
- I was a Barney kid. Yup, you heard right. My name was Megan and I was one of the little one’s that sang “i love you, you love me” next to the big purple dinosaur. I absolutely loved it. But at 11 y/o I told my parents I needed to retire from acting and focus on my singing career otherwise people wouldn’t take me seriously. ;)
- For my 12th birthday my parents surprised me with a trip to Nashville to record my first CD (wait...what are CD’s? i know, i know). I covered a bunch of oldie’s like “Rockin Pneumonia” and “Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On”. I went to all of the little stores in my hometown and asked if I could sell them for $5 at the check out counter. It was adorable then but now I beg my mom to hide them before I bring friends home.
- I graduated high school online at 16 and have been pursuing music full time ever since. I still haven’t gone to college but hey, GEAUX TIGERS!
- I’ve lived in Nashville for a little over 5 years and have written hundreds of songs with some of the coolest humans/songwriters ever.
- I come from a family of 5 with a brother and sister that are older than me. Yup, im the baby and by NO means have i gotten away with murder… ;) My family means the absolute world to me and their support is the reason why I’ve run at this dream full force. My parents are truest example of superheroes. I want to get a tattoo in honor of all them but mom’s not loving the idea.
- I’ve gotten to release a lot of music over the years and one song in particular caught the attention of Chase Rice. This is one of my favorite stories that I get to tell, feels like it’s straight out of a movie. I got a phone call from a random number one day that i happened to answer and it just so happened to be Chase. i was really glad i didn’t decline it ;P i picked up the phone and he told me he loved my song and that he wanted me to open for him on his college tour. i couldn’t have said “YES” any faster. That phone call turned into the college tour which started an amazing friendship which led to another tour in the fall and it all has played a huge role in my growth as an artist and human. love that guy.
- YA GIRL’S GOT A SWEET TOOTH. desserts for every meal please and thank you. I’ve always loved any and every sweet so about a year ago i thought “well there’s no reason i can’t make these things myself”. so i started baking and quite frankly, i STUNK at it when i started but i got pretty good at it after a while. i now bake pretty elaborate cakes for birthdays and events. it’s another creative outlet that i am so glad i dove into.
- I could watch the "Katy Perry: Part Of Me” movie every single day of my life. I have a secret file on my hard drive titled “My Katy Perry Movie” (lol) with tons of behind the scenes videos that I’ve taken over the years hoping one day mine make it into theaters too. ;P
- Performing is my favorite part of it all. It’s the coolest moment you finally get to connect the words, the sounds, and the years & years of hard work with the people in the audience. That energy and excitement is what i want to live off of for forever.